THESE LITTLE ART PIECES ARE COLLAGES AND SKETCHES FROM MY LITTLE CLOSET IN MY HOME. I SET UP A LITTLE DESK WITH SIMPLE SUPPLIES. DURING THE YOUNGER CHILDREN'S REST TIME, I WILL GO BACK TO MY LITTLE PLACE AND CREATE THINGS THAT ARE IN MY HEART. THIS IS ALL NEW. IT GOES TO SHOW THAT ONE IS NEVER TOO OLD OR TOO BUSY TO DISCOVER A HIDDEN INTEREST OR GIFT. MY HEART IS TO BLESS OTHERS WITH REST, HOPE AND PEACE THROUGH MY NEW FOUND ABILITY.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Faithful Island



This little arrangement sits in the middle of my kitchen island. Much like the kitchen is the heart of the home as there is warmth and comfort there, the little island represents a part of my heart. I can stand there while cooking dinner and grab moments to read a couple of pages in a book, sketch a new idea, or jot down a poem.

Faithful island
In which I lean
Stealing small moments
to think and dream.
To read or cut
sketch or glue,
My heart is warmer
Because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment