THESE LITTLE ART PIECES ARE COLLAGES AND SKETCHES FROM MY LITTLE CLOSET IN MY HOME. I SET UP A LITTLE DESK WITH SIMPLE SUPPLIES. DURING THE YOUNGER CHILDREN'S REST TIME, I WILL GO BACK TO MY LITTLE PLACE AND CREATE THINGS THAT ARE IN MY HEART. THIS IS ALL NEW. IT GOES TO SHOW THAT ONE IS NEVER TOO OLD OR TOO BUSY TO DISCOVER A HIDDEN INTEREST OR GIFT. MY HEART IS TO BLESS OTHERS WITH REST, HOPE AND PEACE THROUGH MY NEW FOUND ABILITY.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bike and Me

I like to think I see myself in this bicycle sketch. Riding my bike was one of my favorite pass times as a child.I would pretend I was driving to all sorts of destinations in the dirt driveway of our home. Now that I am grown, I see myself as a simple vehicle desiring to deliver bouquets of beauty and hope to someone each day.

Little bike I loved to ride
We'd travel to places
Imagined in my mind.
Sometimes to the store
With play money and purse.
Other times to far way lands
Exotic and diverse.
There is no telling where
The little cycle is now.
But I want to peddle goodness
To others somehow.
Whether a kind word,
A note, or a hug around the neck.
Or a helpful deed to someone
whose life seems a wreck.
Little bike
I learned a lot from you
Just riding and gliding
Until the evening dew.
Many thoughts came
As I'd coast down a hill,
With the wind in my face
It was quite a thrill.
Round and Round
I loved to ride.
Inhaling the breezes
Of a love deep and wide.
Now my hope is to be
Much like that toy
Spreading sprays of blossoms
Through endless love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment