THESE LITTLE ART PIECES ARE COLLAGES AND SKETCHES FROM MY LITTLE CLOSET IN MY HOME. I SET UP A LITTLE DESK WITH SIMPLE SUPPLIES. DURING THE YOUNGER CHILDREN'S REST TIME, I WILL GO BACK TO MY LITTLE PLACE AND CREATE THINGS THAT ARE IN MY HEART. THIS IS ALL NEW. IT GOES TO SHOW THAT ONE IS NEVER TOO OLD OR TOO BUSY TO DISCOVER A HIDDEN INTEREST OR GIFT. MY HEART IS TO BLESS OTHERS WITH REST, HOPE AND PEACE THROUGH MY NEW FOUND ABILITY.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Sketch a Day


A sketch a day keeps the blues away.
Keeps stress at bay.
Makes me want to play.
A sketch a day keeps life simple and free.
Keeps my heart soft.
My eyes open to see.
The simplest things in life.
Are the greatest treasures to hold.
The sweetest messages told.
Keeps me young as I grow old.
A sketch a day is like a soothing embrace.
Like soft flowing lace.
Like gentle waves of grace.

(The sketch above is a bed of cone flowers which mainly grow in the mid to eastern areas of the country. The Native Americans used these as medicine for various maladies including the common cold.

These blossoms are in the same family as the daisy and black-eyed Susan. I love them because they represent healing. Each day presents opportunities for wounding or healing. I personally find healing in the beauty God created.

I almost gave up on this sketch. It was a challenge as I have such "raw sketching tools" Also I am just a beginner. I did this one with a regular #2 pencil and eraser. However, I did use a #6B sketch pencil for a bit of shading. It is a challenge for me to use the various pencils as I want my sketches to appear soft and soothing, not harsh and hard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment